Water Superintendent
Michael Trainor

845-534-4200 x318 Send Email

Administrative Assistant
Stephanie Xagoraris

845-534-4200 x250 Send Email


People may use the mail slot (marked “BILLS”) located on the side of Village Hall to make payments on water bills during and after business hours, including weekends and holidays.

Water Department - COVID-19

Residential COVID-19 Bill Deferral February 1, 2022

Dear Customer:

On March 7, 2020 the Governor of the State of New York declared a State of Emergency in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. In light of this declaration an amendment was made to the Public Service Law of the State of New York which enacted a moratorium on the disconnection of water services for Residential and Small Business customers who have experienced a change in financial circumstances. In such circumstances a customer may enter into a Deferred Payment Agreement (DPA)

Originally scheduled to expire on December 21, 2021, the protections provided for under the amendment to the Public Service Law have been extended to June 30, 2022. As such, residential, non-residential customers whose account serves residential premises and small business customers with fewer than 25 employees who can demonstrate a change in financial circumstances are eligible to enter into a Deferred Payment Agreement until June 30, 2022. The protections afforded by the Public Service Law amendment do not apply to sewer and/or garbage charges that are assessed as part of the Village of Cornwall-on-Hudson Utility Bill for customers within the Village of Cornwall-on-Hudson.

If you feel as though you may qualify and need to take advantage of these protections you must complete a Residential / Small Business Deferred Payment Request Form. The form can be accessed in many ways. Either by downloading from the Water Department menu on our website at  COVID-19 Deferral Request Form ( or requesting by email at [email protected] or by contacting our administrative staff at (845) 534-4200 Ext. 250. You can then submit your request for our review which may enable you to enter into a Deferred Payment Agreement for water charges that are in arrears.

You may also qualify for financial assistance through the Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) administered by the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (NYSOTDA). You can find more information about this program either on our website or the NYSOTDA website at

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact our office.


Michael P. Trainor, Sr.

Water Superintendent

PDF of letter

Fillable Form to apply for deferral 2022